People Financial Analyst
Oct 05, 2018
Job Title: People Financial Analyst
Job Duration: up to 12 months
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Our Client is seeking a highly motivated finance professional to join the G&A Finance Team supporting the People Organization. This role is key to driving excellence in our processes, and has many opportunities to provide insightful financial information, and analysis to key stakeholders across the Company. This position will report to the People Finance Manager.
- 4-6 years relevant experience in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- Highly proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Technical aptitude with database management (SAP preferred), Essbase and BPC
- Ability to communicate forecasts, results, and variances succinctly to management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize to meet tight deadlines demonstrating organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong background in Accounting and Finance with experience managing operating expenses
- Demonstrated ability to build effective business partnerships
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for process improvement
- Responsible for forecasting and managing spend, headcount and capital expenditures for key functions within the Company.
- Provide reports for business partners to enable them to manage their budgets and headcount effectively and in accordance with annual plan.
- Work closely with the key stakeholders to develop the annual plan and monthly forecasts in line with corporate planning & forecasting guidelines.
- Refine existing forecasting processes and models to drive accurate forecasting.
- Develop analytics and other ad hoc reporting that provide meaningful insights to the efficiency of spend.
- Manage quarter end process including accruals and review actuals to ensure correct accounting treatment and request journal entries when necessary.
- Review purchase orders and headcount requisitions to ensure adherence to budgets and internal policies.
- Analyze the existing processes, tools and deliverables for effectiveness and ease of use, leverage data to deliver a level of detail that helps the business.
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance with a minimum of 4 years of experience. (CPA preferred)