VCSEL Designer (Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser )
May 13, 2019
Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina
VCSEL Designer (Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser)
Full Time Position
RTP, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Our Client is seeking an experienced VCSEL Designer to play a critical role in building the next-generation of Client systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and other applications in our Research Triangle Park, North Carolina facility. This position will focus on the design and development of GaAs-based III-V integrated VCSEL devices for our LiDAR system components and will require a special candidate with the ability to work seamlessly across multiple domains. The candidate should have a deep theoretical grasp of VCSEL design and be a hands-on “doer”, eager to take ownership of problems and solve them with minimal oversight. Innovation, creativity and collaborative problem-solving abilities are required.
- Design and develop Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) devices for III-V semiconductor and related materials, leveraging heterogeneous integration technologies.
- Model and specify epitaxial film structures to target device performance requirements.
- Evaluate thin film, optical, and electrical characterization data to understand epi growth outcomes for feedback into the design parameters.
- Work with Layout and Fabrication teams to realize optimal device and VCSEL array performance with high yields.
- Evaluate device performance and yields to determine pareto of improvement activities.
- Explore creative approaches to leverage heterogeneous integration technologies to produce world-case devices for LiDAR.
- Promote a safe work environment, employee ownership of quality and continuous improvement.
- Strong, in-depth understanding of semiconductor physics and VCSELs structures.
- Experience with the design of MOCVD epitaxial structures and growth limitations.
- Graduate Degree in Physics, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent field.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on design experience with III-V semiconductor device structures.
- Strong analytic and communication skills, flexibility, and ability to work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Experience working with microfabrication and process integration is preferred.
- Knowledge of high power VCSEL design is preferred