Oct 08, 2018
Mountain View, California
Job Title - Data Engineer (6607)
Location: Mountain View
Duration: 6 months
As a Data Engineer at Customer, your core responsibility will be to maintain and scale our infrastructure for analytics as our data volume and needs continue to grow at a rapid pace. This is a high impact role, where you will be driving initiatives affecting teams and decisions across the company. You'll be a great fit if you thrive when given ownership, as you would be the key decision maker in the realm of architecture and implementation.
* Architect systems and end-to-end solutions that provide fast, efficient and reliable interfaces to heterogeneous data, meta data for internal users of the analytics infrastructure.
* Automate existing processes and create systems that favor self-service data consumption.
* Own the quality of our analytics data. Implement a robust monitoring & logging framework that guarantees the traceability of inevitable incidents.
* Evaluate whether the best solution for each problem at hand is to build, buy or contract the work.
* Interface with data scientists, analysts, product managers and all other customers of the analytics infrastructure to understand their needs and expand the infrastructure as we grow.
Must have Java, Python & Scala experience
Qualifications and Skills
* 5-10+ years of experience in data, web or mobile services.
* Data architecture skills.
* Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.).
* Experience with Redshift and other AWS technologies
* 8+ years of experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc.)
* 8+ years utilizing Object Oriented design and programming with Scala/Python skills to design, develop, and maintain large-scale web applications.
* Experience with data sets, Hive, and data visualization tools is a plus.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field.
* Deep knowledge of machine learning, information retrieval, data mining, statistics, NLP or related field.
* years of experience building machine learning networks to scale problems at scale with Knowledge using sci-kit learn, spark MLlib etc.