QA UI Engineer
Aug 07, 2018
Santa Clara , California
QA UI Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
6 months Contract
This is a hands-on QA position including manual deep dive testing and involvement of automated testing of Siri clients (iOS, macOS, watchOS, and HomePod). These include testing a combination of functional features, GUI, and Audio UI around various product features and scenarios such as messaging, navigation, phone and more. In this role the respective person works collaboratively as part of the QA and development team throughout the project lifecycle to execute and create new manual tests, screen test automation results, create and track bug reports, escalate top issues, regress and verify bug fixes on both client and server, and add test automation scenarios.
- Experience in GUI testing (preferably iOS/macOS), creating and executing test plans
- Ability to think about different usage scenarios
- Experience in bug reporting, bug tracking, and initial bug triage to narrow down the issue
- Able to setup and use iOS and macOS as well as respective applications (Calendar, Messaging, E-Mail, Search and basic Terminal usage (UNIX shell) as well as other system apps)
- Experience in test automation and automation results analysis
- Programming experience (preferably Python) a plus
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or equivalent.
Tasks: Perform daily runs of iOS and HomePod top usage test suites against production server on currently shipping client builds. Focus on domains with data service dependencies (LocalEvents, Movies, Music, SiriKit, Sports, Wikipedia, Maps, App, iTunes TV, podcasts, stocks, wordDictionary, Geo) as well as top usage domains. Lastly, they will also build Astroyd automation for these test suites. Any issues found will be regressed against development and escalated daily to engineering teams along with a weekly status report.