Content Writer III
Sep 20, 2019
Content Writer III (Ref#: 9455247)
6 Months Contract
Client's Podcasts Emerging Marketing's Editor Job Description
The Client Podcasts team seeks a Cupertino-based contractor to promote great spoken-word content to listeners around the world. The Emerging Markets Editor contractor will craft the editorial on Podcasts app and manage provider relationships for international markets including Canada, Australia, India and Latin America. This varied work demands excellent editorial taste and account management skill with an international perspective. A significant portion of the job will be devoted to planning and executing editorial campaigns, building relationships with providers, seeking out great new content and generally driving listener engagement. Additional responsibilities will include:
* Selecting podcasts for promotion on Podcasts app.
* Interacting with podcast providers to address editorial priorities and co-marketing opportunities.
* Keeping providers updated with the latest podcast specifications and best practices through email newsletters and presentations
* Developing site content that makes it easy for podcasters to learn about and interact with Client Podcasts
* Suggesting features to improve Podcasts app, submission and content management, and documentation.
* Helping to build a robust, logical, attractive, and easy-to-navigate podcasting directory.
* Continually working to keep the directory categories clean and consistent.
* Helping develop new easy ways to discover and try podcasts to build audience.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following characteristics:
* Passion for podcasts
* 3+ years successfully managing operations for a digital content business.
* Familiarity with mobile media discovery and podcast apps
* Strong technical skills. Programming is not necessary. However, experience with XML and HTML is beneficial.
* 3+ years as a user of a production back-end for a large web site or other real-time computer system.
* Proven experience delivering against multiple simultaneous responsibilities (multitasking).
* Roll-up-the-sleeves attitude; a willingness to perform whatever work is required to get the job done.
* Highly organized and detail-oriented.
* Excellent and precise written and spoken English. Spanish fluency is a significant bonus.
* Knowledge of Canada, Australia, India, Arab World, and Latin American media industries.
* Demonstrable experience supporting technical customers or suppliers while conveying a knowledgeable and professional demeanor.
* An MBA or equivalent with media or marketing focus is valuable but not required.
* Experience with Airtable, ZenDesk, proprietary content systems, and social media.