Position Description: Editor: Business Sales and Technical Training
Client Training and People Programs is responsible for training and enabling salespeople at Client resellers globally, including mobile carriers, consumer electronics stores, and enterprise partners. Your work will be key in informing salespeople around the world about Client producs and helping them deliver a great customer experience.
The Enterprise Training and People Programs training team is looking for an editor to shape world-class content for global enterprises sales and technical professionals.
You’ll join a team of content developers working on pre-sales technical training, business slaes training and communications in multiple delivery mechanisms-including email, web, mobile and more.
• At least 8 years of experience in a full-time editing role
• Expertise in Associated Press or Chicago style (grammar, spelling, syntax, diction, and punctuation)
• Experience editing content for at least one of the following industries: Telco, IT infrastructure & Consulting, App Development, or Business Process Reengineering
• Experience editing for a business sales or technical audience
• Understanding of technical concepts, such as app development, networking configurations, device deployment and integration, troubleshooting strategies and programming
• Proven ability to articulate editing recommendations and collaborate daily with writers and subject matter experts (SMEs)
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Experience using Client products, particularly Mac, iPhone and iPad
You’ll edit technical and business sales training to be clear, direct, friendly, concise, simple, and practical- becoming (intimately) familiar with Client style guides and processes. You’ll also edit deliverables to support learning in the classroom, online, and on a mobile device.
You’ll work with business teams, program managers, instructional designers, communications writers, and media teams, and other stakeholders to apply consistent standards and elevate the quality of the writing.
You’ll be a stickler for details while never losing sight of the big picture of what the content and the organization are trying to achieve. You’ll work with other editors and cross-functional teams to create and evolve style guides, internal job aids, and internal training.
You will also act as a QA function for the team, in partnership with other editors.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field