Jun 29, 2018
Mountain View, California
Data Engineer (6399)
Duration: 6+ months (possible extension to 1 year)
Location: Mountain View CA
* Experience building automation tools, web based apps.
* Strong with Python, Java and Linux
* Connecting data pipeline, data processing, workflow design, hosted programming tools
* Main duties include: Database design, Programming, building front end tools, creating workflow, system automation
As a Data Engineer at Customer, your core responsibility will be to maintain and scale our infrastructure for analytics as our data volume and needs continue to grow at a rapid pace. This is a high impact role, where you will be driving initiatives affecting teams and decisions across the company. You'll be a great fit if you thrive when given ownership, as you would be the key decision maker in the realm of architecture and implementation.
* Architect systems and end-to-end solutions that provide fast, efficient and reliable interfaces to heterogeneous data, meta data for internal users of the analytics infrastructure.
* Automate existing processes and create systems that favor self-service data consumption.
* Own the quality of our analytics data. Implement a robust monitoring & logging framework that guarantees the traceability of inevitable incidents.
* Evaluate whether the best solution for each problem at hand is to build, buy or contract the work.
* Interface with data scientists, analysts, product managers and all other customers of the analytics infrastructure to understand their needs and expand the infrastructure as we grow.
* BS/BA in Computer Science/Engineering, or relevant technical field with 2 - 3 years of experience as software engineer and/or data engineer and/or front-end engineer and/or full-stack engineer
* Ability to manage data warehouse plans and communicate them to internal clients.
* At least 4 years of experience as a Data Engineer, or in a role that required expertise in data pipeline technologies.
* Strong overall programming skills, able to write modular, maintainable code and high quality code
* Strong in web-based programming (CSS, HTML, PHP)
* Experience in one or more data visualization libraries like Tableau, Plotly, InfoGram, Material Design
* Strong python programming specially in python machine learning and data mining libraries (SciPy, Panda, Numpy)
* Strong in Linux and shell-scripting
* Specialized experience with at least one of HDFS, EMR, Redshift, Spark, Flink, or Presto.
* Experience with SQL RDBMS is required.
* Experience in client/server, RESTFul architecture and tools like Jenkins, RunDeck
* Experience in basics of data mining, clustering, classification and comfortable to work with large matrices of data effectively
* Familiar with CUDA, Blast and machine leaning engineers like Tensorflow, Torch, PyTorch, DIGITS