QA Engineer (Automation) II
May 21, 2019
QA Engineer (Automation) II (Ref#: 9198161)
6 Months Contract
The Automation test engineer works as a project team member to jointly deliver high quality applications on time and budget. The Automation Test Engineer is responsible for the definition, implementation, and execution of the functional, regression, and acceptance test strategy on highly iterative and collaborative projects. Projects will typically be of medium to high complexity. This is a hands-on Automation Test position. Tasks performed will include but are not limited to test planning, manual testing, test automation, test environment setup/teardown, defect logging and verification. Works collaboratively as part of the development team with product managers, software engineers, and architects to define and execute tests throughout the project lifecycle. May be required to provide guidance to other test engineers. Defines, creates, and maintains test data as needed. Responsible for continuously re-evaluating the test strategy to adjust for new information, changing risks, shifting priorities, and schedules.
- Commercial experience in testing user interfaces.
- Automated functional testing experience.
- Familiarity with defect management systems.
- Exposure to automated testing tools.
- Exposure to object oriented analysis and design.
- Participated in full life-cycle development on large projects.
- Ability to write acceptance criteria for features in simple business language. Understanding of Unit, Functional, System, Performance, Technical and Operational testing and the tools utilized.
- Is eager to learn new methodologies and tools.
- Is a cutting-edge knowledge seeker.
- Is familiar with interface testing and mock objects concepts.
- Experience with execution and reporting of both manual and automated test scripts.
- Experience with testing distributed systems.
- In-depth knowledge of the process and skills to produce the tools needed to automate testing.
- Proficient in test tool analysis and data flow.
- Knowledge of programming concepts and practices.
- Ability to work closely with developers and enable them to produce the best application possible.
- Ability to determine estimates of effort and impacts for a variety of solutions.
- Expectations include a high level of initiative and a strong commitment to job knowledge, productivity, and attention to detail.
- Programming experience with needed language. Testing and Automation support for Wireless Accessibility feature. Work duties involve running Manual/Automated tests for qualifying Wireless Accessibility feature on a weekly basis. Should also be able to bring automation experience to use, maintain & expand using existing frameworks.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
AUTOMATED TEST SCRIPTS
AUTOMATED TESTING TOOLS
OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS