This role will require data analysts who specialize in analyzing, collecting, storing and creating electronic data. They are responsible for testing data in information systems to make sure that this data is not corrupt or inaccurate. When performing data tests, much of the data must be harvested in order to use this data in other projects. The data analyst is also expected to act as a consultant for others who utilize the data contained in the information systems.
• Ability to interpret and understanding of SQL coding; MySQL, Sequel Server
• Perform extracting, importing, and exporting of data in various database applications.
• Assist in implementation, testing, and validating data.
• Perform data analysis of key problem areas to assist in root cause analysis.
• Audit data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity and quality.
• Assist with brainstorming ongoing data architecture processes and governance ideas.
• Research and collect data to assist with product development and analysis.
• Perform data reconciliations to identify data anomalies.
• Escalate data issues needing process re-engineering.
• Assist in preparation of data reports, training materials, business presentations, publications, marketing collaterals, and other educational materials.
This role will require at least a bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or information science. The job requires some background in math, statistics and computer skills as well as an ability to communicate effectively, both within a local group as well as virtually. These analysts will need good problem-solving and analytical skills because they must often resolve issues with little input. They must also have good interpersonal and communication skills in order to be able to work well with a development team and to also be able to explain complex technical topics as they arise.
Self-driven, motivated individual who can be handed a task and trusted to complete with minimal oversight.
Finance/Accounting exposure is preferred.