Technical Writer III
May 14, 2019
Technical Writer III (CSCOJP00065917)
6+ Months Contract
We’re looking for a skilled technical writer to join our Cloud Engineering team at Client in San Jose! You will work with our team to develop documentation for developers, process flows, system manuals, and training/user manuals. As the fastest growing cloud-based collaboration team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise collaboration. Are you ready to join the team?
You have an innate sense for how to dig into a feature and find the issues that are likely to confuse both users and system administrators, and as a result, your documentation provides clear and concise direction. You are great at structuring new content and improving existing documentation. You have extensive experience writing system, business, and training documentation for a wide range of audiences. Please note that this is a project-based contractor role.
What You’ll Do:
• Define, create, and deliver high-quality documentation that empowers our engineering teams to use Webex Teams Cloud Engineering tools and services.
• Collaborate with developers, our subject matter experts (SMEs), and solution consultants to gather and transform technical and functional information
• Prepare technical manuals and other technical documentation to support future system administration
• Create and maintain end-user documentation to meet team objectives
• Maintain records and files of work and revisions
• Write clear, accurate, and complete technical content with ease, with exceptional communication skills both in writing and in person.
• Extraordinary attention to detail, especially regarding formatting and grammar, and excellent organizational skills.
• Experience working with various subject matter authorities (architects , business operations, developers) to create and update documentation.
• Understand and differentiate between the documentation needs of developers, system administrators, and users
• Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to take ownership
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Technical Communication, or related field
• 5+ years of professional technical writing experience
• 3+ years documenting for a technical or developer audience.
• Be a standout colleague and work well in a rapidly changing environment.
• Have writing samples available, preferably a sample of developer documentation and end user documentation
Experience with Cloud-native technologies