Our Client is looking for passionate mid-level software engineers to help build, improve, and scale our products. You will be using your solid foundations in computer science and your industry experience to design and build many of the major features that enable a complex logistics machine to run smoothly and flawlessly, to the delight of Client’s customers. Shipping these features will require good communication both within your scrum team as well as cross-functionally with other stakeholders and teams.
What You'll Do
· You will be one of the key contributors in a 6-10 person agile development team building and improving features/services within the Client platform in short development cycles
· You become the SME (Subject matter expert) on one or more of the components that you have helped design/implement.
· You work in close coordination with product managers, architects/team leads and your scrum team to help achieve self and team goals.
· You follow and enforce coding standards and best practices to ensure team is delivering cohesive, readable code
· You bring in a test first mentality and implement comprehensive unit/integration tests
· You participate in code reviews to ensure all accepted code is consistent, efficient, robust and reusable
· You periodically drive the definition and architecture of a component/feature in the platform and present it in front of a bigger technical audience to gather feedback.
· You build metrics and measurements alongside core features to help make informed business decisions
· You implement customer facing features and integrate them with the Client platform
· You participate in on-call rotation and troubleshoot and solve problems
· Programming Languages: Node.js/Typescript
· Development & Deployment environment: Bitbucket, Linux, Heroku and Google Cloud
· Web Frameworks: HTML, CSS, Express, vue.js
· Database/Caching layer: Postgres, SQL, redis
· Message Queue: RabbitMQ
Who You Are
· At least 3-5 years of professional server side development using Node.js, Python or Java
· Experience building service oriented infrastructure and API driven systems
· Expert at RESTful API design and MVC architecture
· Professional experience with databases (i.e MySQL, Postgres, Oracle) and SQL
· Extremely good at algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
· A strong sense of ownership and team responsibility
· Successful track record of delivering results in complex cross-functional projects.
· Ability to be productive on a rapidly growing team and in a fast paced, agile environment
· Be open to mentoring some junior engineers in the team.
· Willing and eager to learn new technologies
· Motivated to solve problems using technology and find the best tool, technique or solution for each project
· Enthusiastic and positive attitude
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
· Authorized to work in the U.S.
· Masters in Computer Science
· Familiarity with our current stack
· Experience working with Kubernetes/Docker on Google Cloud Platform
· Experience designing and building microservices
· Experience working with or building common parts of a scalable secure platform such as an API Gateway, IAM and logging/monitoring solutions
· Experience with delivery and logistics systems, particularly at scale