At Client, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an enthusiastic team member to join our growing team. Will you help us design and build the next generation of Client products? The Client Acoustics EPM Team is looking for an Acoustics Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to drive the design, development and integration of speaker, microphone, and receiver modules into Client products. In this highly collaborative role the EPM will oversee internal efforts of the Audio HW, Validation and Tuning teams as well as externally with SW, Mechanical Engineering, and Operations teams to design, manufacture and integrate high quality acoustic modules for Client's entire product line. Engineering Project Managers are responsible for leading a broad multi-functional team in developing multiple projects across the Hardware Engineering organization. In this critical, highly visible role, you will lead projects involving the design, integration and launch of state of the art technologies for world-renowned Client products including iPad, iPhone, and MacBook.
• You have a minimum 5+ years project management experience
• A deep understanding of production and test processes at scale
• The capacity to travel internationally to support builds at component (speaker, microphone, receiver) and system manufacturers
• Excellent listening, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Your experience driving international OEM/ODM partners is highly useful
• Experience in speakers, microphones or receivers
• A real passion for audio and acoustics
• Knowledge of Mandarin is a plus One or more of the following:
• Familiar with speaker, microphone, and transducer technologies
• Good knowledge of acoustics performance metrics
• Acoustic module design, development or PM experience
The Acoustics Module EPM defines and drives the build plan for multiple module integrators and serves as the primary interface to Client during module development.
EPMs are responsible for managing and communicating project definition, development landmarks and schedules, and project status in the development of new acoustic modules.
EPMs are fearless organizers who are ready to work with the highly skilled Acoustic, Hardware, Software, and Mechanical Design teams to identify and resolve potential pitfalls to the schedule and risks to the quality of the product.
Success is defined in terms of the quality and timeliness of the pre-production builds and the start of mass production.
• Advocate for the best overall acoustic performance throughout the organization.
• Prioritize issues and track the details
• Drive a talented, passionate, experienced multi-functional team and external suppliers.
• Deliver acoustic modules on schedule, facilitating risk management and communicating status and issues to the development team and Client executives.
• Be savvy enough to understand the roles and responsibilities of the key partners and identify partners to efficiently drive key decisions.
• Remain in touch with big picture issues.
• BS degree ME/Physics/EE required
• MS preferred Language Skills
• English - US