Sep 09, 2019
Paralegal III (Ref#: 9547637)
3 - 4 Months Contract
Job Description - Privacy & Law Enforcement Compliance Team | Paralegal
The Privacy & Law Enforcement Compliance Paralegal performs a variety of tasks to support the Privacy & Law Enforcement Compliance function. As a Paralegal on this team you will be responsible for processing and responding to requests, subpoenas, court orders and search warrants received from law enforcement agencies seeking access to customer information. You will also be responsible for communicating official company positioning within established Data Protection and Privacy principles.
The Paralegal performs legal and specialist tasks within the Privacy & Law Enforcement Compliance team and identifies and escalates non-standard and exigent requests appropriately. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, reliable, and possess the ability to resolve request issues in an effective and efficient manner. Legal Specialists generally perform the key role tasks, but will also be required to support other tasks as needed. Qualified candidates will ideally hold a Paralegal Certificate or equivalent/higher.
Key Role Tasks
• Processing and responding to standard requests received from law enforcement agencies for customer information within established procedures, and escalating non-standard and exigent requests to appropriate management level.
• Searching specified systems and retrieving appropriate information to include in standard-level responses.
• Recording and reporting on all requests, responses, and exceptional issues arising in relevant database.
• Assisting with the development of reports and presentations about the operational area and providing administrative support as needed.
Key Personal Skills
• Ability to analyze and process legal process documents and requests within departmental operating procedures.
• Strong IS&T proficiency with ability to work effectively across multiple applications and databases and observe high levels of data accuracy and attention to detail in daily work management.
• Good analysis and decision-making capability with ability to reliably recognize non-standard and exigent requests and escalate accordingly.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to take the necessary initiative to resolve request-conflict issues.
• Ability to perform in an information sensitive environment and manage work activities within strict Data Protection, Privacy, and Security protocols.