We are looking for Firmware Engineer with Strong C/C++, RTOS, Device Drivers and ISP (Image Sensor Pipeline).
The Cloud and AI Business - Hardware Division develops ground-breaking hardware that entertains customers and unleashes innovation. This is the team that has delivered the Hololens.
Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that’s colleagues brainstorming around a giant digital whiteboard, scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars, or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all devices, including Client HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality headsets, Kinect for Azure, the Internet of Things, Tablets, Desktops and more! We believe Mixed Reality technology empowers every person and organization to achieve more. If you do too, we need you!
The HoloLens Sensors team is looking for a talented Firmware Engineer to help build and test the software, tools, and infrastructure needed to advance the state-of-the-art for sensors in the products listed above and more!
• Develop and maintain multiple layers of software including sensor firmware, embedded processing, device drivers, application layer APIs, and high-level tools & GUIs
• Develop world class code, tools, documentation, and reports suitable for direct product integration
• Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with feature teams and support well informed decisions towards engineering, customer and business goals
• Collaborate with other experts on the Sensors team to prototype new technologies, algorithms, formfactors, and incubate our product roadmap
• Leverage software development best practices including code reviews, test methodology, and documentation
• BS in Computer Science or similar (mathematics, EE, etc.) with 3+ years of related industry experience developing firmware or low-level software
• Deep native software development skills using C/C++
• Effective listener and can clearly articulate design decisions, problems, algorithms, etc…
• Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging ability
• Self-motivated to learn and execute with attention to detail in documentation and execution
• Ability to handle technical and design ambiguity
Preferred Experience (any/all of the following are nice to have)
• Experience working in a lab setting with hands-on equipment
• RTOS, Device Drivers, and hardware-driven debugging
• Digital image sensors, Image processing, or ISP functionality
• UI frameworks
• Performance critical code such as SIMD processor extensions or GPU programming
• Python and/or MATLAB programming