Aug 09, 2018
San Jose, California
Linux Admin - 7317
San Jose, California
6 Months Contract
Our Client is looking for a Linux Systems/DevOps Engineer to help us support the build environment and production infrastructure. The individual who is self-motivated, articulate, and intimately familiar with virtualization technologies, be willing to perform cross-functional duties as necessary, and have a shown history of handling and automating large scale production engineering environments.
- Systems administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and monitoring.
- Take over maintenance and administration of custom tools written by in-house development engineers.
- Automate as many processes as possible, writing tools, scripts, etc as necessary.
- Fully understand the current systems architecture and suggest new solutions.
- End user support for server infrastructure and development environments.
- Dedicated monitoring of systems and applications.
- Participate in long-term strategies for IT & Engineering Operations.
- Experience with Open Source DevOps tools
- Shell scripting & automation (Python experience a plus).
- Configuration Management (Salt preferred)
- LDAP (Active Directory)
- Virtualization (VMware & KVM)
- Server related technology (e.g. RAID systems, backups, SAN, etc.).
- Experience with web technologies and application servers.
- Security standard methodologies as related to systems.
- Experience with performance monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting (SNMP).
- Knowledge/experience with TCP/IP, IP ROUTING, SSH/SFTP/SCP, DNS, NFS, CIFS, SSL, HTTP, SMTP as it relates to systems
- Experience working with REST APIs
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience working as a Systems/DevOps Engineer
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Highly organized, able to multi-task, the ability to work individually, within a team, and with other groups
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written across all user levels