Sep 10, 2018
Santa Clara , California
6 Months Contract
Santa Clara, CA
Client is looking for a freelance Copy Editor for our Retail Marketing team. As our ideal candidate, you apply technical savvy, a keen eye, and exceptional attention to detail to help produce world-class communications for Retail Marketing initiatives. You are dynamic, results-driven, and enjoy a high-change environment that is evolving to meet the needs of our customers and employees.
• 5+ years’ experience editing communications, working at a publication, advertising agency, or in-house creative environment
• Solid understanding and grounding in U.S. English style, usage, grammar, and punctuation
• Familiar with standard style and usage guides, including The Chicago Manual of Style
• Extensive proofreading and editorial experience
• Excellent communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team and thrive under pressure
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to focus and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
As a key contributor to our creative team, you edit and proofread print and interactive communications, including retail marketing, collateral, signage, direct mail, social media, internal stories, and event keynotes, among other deliverables.
You work closely with writers and other teams to maintain the highest possible standards and ensure clarity and accuracy in Retail Marketing communications in the U.S. and around the world. You review projects at all stages of the design and production process, from copy development to layout to final proof, testing, and post-production.
Beyond editing, you are savvy and have the skills to work across a complex matrix of stakeholders. You flourish in client’s collaborative culture and are surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You are adept at prioritizing deadlines and excel at execution.