Product Manager – Customer Device Analytics
Jul 11, 2018
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
Title: Product Manager – Customer Device Analytics
Duration: 6 months contract
Location: Ridgefield Park, NJ
Job description: This position will be responsible to design, deliver and drive the end-to-end Customer Device Analytics (CDA) stack that is the core for all customer engagement at Samsung. Ensuring that all layers under the CDA stack are functioning as expected will be of critical importance as many internal teams/systems will depend on this core resource for their customer engagements. This is just as much a business role as it is a technical one. This position will report to the Director of Customer Device Analytics.
Business unit/Team: In today’s fast evolving technology world, one aspect remains common – reliance on Data to drive the next wave of innovation. Strategic Analytics is Samsung’s Center-of-Excellence that is driving the adoption of data driven decision making and product development across the company. The team’s core focus is developing best-in-class solutions that provide Samsung’s marketing and service organizations with a 360 degree view of the Samsung customers.
Strategic Analytics is powering a paradigm shift at Samsung and the global industry. We are looking for highly talented team members who are passionate about data, have the rigor needed to solve billion dollar problems, and possess an innate entrepreneurial spirit to explore the uncharted. Strategic Analytics combines the engineering backbone of a best-in-class Big Data Platform with the analytic expertise of advanced mining and predictive modeling.
If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
- Design & deploy: CDA stack is a modular set of tools and models that always remains live. It is expected to add/edit/augment various parts of this stack to address Samsung’s key business needs. Therefore designing and deploying new features to this ever-evolving stack will be a critical part of this job.
- Product development: While the Platform & Data Science teams will be responsible to complete their respective tasks under CDA, it is essential that this role has an understanding of a broad range of topics required to run a best-in-class user-profile. This includes the knowledge of data quality, ID mapping, DB storage, Analytical modules, Data Governance, API and Reporting.
- Business co-ordination: Since the CDA stack will be the ‘single source of truth’ about customers for all teams across Samsung, it involves a fair bit of internal co-ordination. This person is expected to understanding business challenges, conduct feasibility study and execute tasks in a timely manner.
Desired background / mindset / skills:
- Graduate or bachelor degree in a quantitative field (e.g., math, computer science, statistics, economics, psychology, physical sciences, etc.)
- 4 or more years of professional experience in marketing, trade marketing, product management, sales, retail or related field in a quantitative role
- Direct experience with building and using Customer-profiles in retail/e-commerce/consumer packaged goods (CPG), Mobile or Consumer electronics industries would be preferred
- Irrepressible intellectual curiosity, boldness, and honesty
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to deliver results
- Ability to draw from disparate sources and bring ‘fresh’ ideas to solve traditional problems
- Focused on results and their implications (rather than methods/tools/process)
- Comfortable reprioritizing as situations change to maximize our impact
- Openness to work with different cultures and working styles
- Succinct, proactive communication; translate data analytics into business speak
- Proven experience in managing multiple tasks simultaneously with a rigid determination to meet deadlines
- Comfortable to work with people from a broad range of backgrounds from highly technical to marketing to sales/business
- Experience with Hadoop, Kafka, R, Hive, Impala, Tableau highly preferred